Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Facebook page

As most of you know I have Usher Syndrome. This is two separate genetic disorders combined to make one disability. My eye condition alone is called Retinitis Pigmentosa and my hearing loss is categorized as moderate to severe. With the help of hearing aids I can hear almost everything that a normal person hears, As for my eyes, I have tunnel vision. With my glasses I have near perfect vision except for the fact I have no peripheral vision.

The other day I got a message on my Facebook page about a new group forming and thought I would share it with you folks so that you could check it out. It is called "The Low Vision Bureau: Low Vision Americans' Reviews of Restaurants." This is a page where people with RP go to write a review of a restaurant they visited. Most people don't think about how a restaurant can affect a blind person. Yesterday, I went to Applebee's restaurant and the lighting was so dim I could barely see. Thankfully all of the windows were open so that I could see what I was eating!

Also, listed in this page is a photo album of what people with certain eye conditions see. I thought this was really interesting and wanted to share that link with you as well so you can get an idea of what I see.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?fbid=188848417810376&set=a.188848397810378.50901.181609248534293

Check it out if you have time. I think you will be surprised.

Also, I just wanted to say if you ever have any questions please feel free to leave a comment and I will try to give the best possible answer!


No comments:

Post a Comment