Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weather Changes

Okay, so I live in Michigan where the weather is not really that predictable. We can have 70 degree weather one day and have it snowing the next. This can get frustrating for someone who has Usher Syndrome. On overcast days we can go without sunglasses and on bright snowy days we need those sunglasses. On snowy days it is a little difficult to use a cane when there is snow on the ground and no one has shoveled. We had a wind advisory the other day... the wind was gusting 40-50 miles per hour, also not exactly good day to use a cane. Man, I think I need to move to a more friendly blind spot.... overcast warm days with slight breeze and no snow.... hmmm... sounds like heaven to me, but the girl in me craves the sun so I guess I can rock the sunglasses!

My next adventure is to research somewhat local places to take my daughters on a mini vacation. I am kind of interested in Great Wolf Lodge, but like I said I am going to research some.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Trista, I have got Usher Syndrome Type Two, I have also got cataracts on both eyes. I am on the waiting list for a guide dog and I live in the UK. I started my blog at the beginning of the year. I agree with your comments regarding the weather and I hope that you find your ideal vacation.

    ReplyDelete